Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ok. For Real.

Ok. I started a food blog, instead of using Durham Identity. I don't give a fuck! Blogger is probably better anyway.

So I'm going to try to participate in



The basic description is (from Post Punk Kitchen):

Join us for VeganMofo - the Vegan Month Of Food. The idea is to write as much as you can for the month of October about vegan food. The blog entries can be about anything food related - your love of tongs, your top secret tofu pressing techniques, the first time your mom cooked vegan for you, vegan options in Timbuktu - you get the idea.

Last year we didn’t come up with strict guidelines for how often we wrote, but I think the idea is to shoot for every weekday, or about 20 times in the month. Don’t forget to tag your stuff “veganmofo” and you can use the VeganMoFo banner (^up there) on your mofo posts. If you’d like inspiration or would just like to whine about how hard it is, check out the MoFo forum on the PPK message boards.

As the world catches on that vegan food really is the best choice for animals (suck it, humane meat!), the planet (bite me, melting ice caps!) and people (piss off, heart disease!) let’s show them what vegan eating is all about.

One last thing - you may remember that VeganMoFo was in November last year, well, this year it’s in October because there’s more produce and stuff. Also, I’ll be in NYC this November and not really near a computer.

To be included here, just leave a comment on this blog entry with a link to your URL. I will then include you in the RSS feed, once I remember how to update it. You can also join the VeganMoFo Flicker group. Happy writing everyone! If you’re feeling at a loss for how to start this off, why don’t you make your first entry about that?




So yeah. I think rather than cook/photograph every day (holy fuck, I really need to unpack and find my camera. Good thing my furniture is en route and my room is almost complete!) I'm going to shoot for 12 food posts total this month, with 6 original recipes (even if they're ghetto) and 6 attempts at "haute" vegan food. Y'know, where it's like, involved and pretty.

No comments: