Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Big Week for Vegan Food: Mini Blog

Now that I am finally recovered, I am going to do this in lots and lots of mini blogs. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who sent their well wishes. I'm still fighting the plague, but it's getting better all the time.

At the beginning of this week, I placed an order at Vegan Essentials for some of their "refrigerated" foods. I haven't gotten through all of them yet, but you'll hear about some of 'em in a little bit.

Anyway, I was going to buy some Parma! but I saw on the Vegan Essentials product page that you could make it for much cheaper. I tweaked it a little and have come out with a pungent, parma substitute that costs less.

Parma on the Cheap
1/2 C nutritional yeast
1-1/4 C toasted walnuts (if you toast them, it loses the raw but gains a little delicious)
1 tsp salt (I used seasoned sea salt)
dash garlic powder

Totally delicious.

No comments: