Monday, March 12, 2012

Raw for Lent: Day 19

So today was unofficial day 1 of tour. I got up after staying up way too late last night practicing my dance moves and the SPRING FORWARD (d'oh) and finished packing, then got a new key made for my friend who is going to check on the house when I'm gone, picked up my laser imaged CDs as well as some listening food-for-thought (thank you so much Mel T at 307 Knox!) stopped at the Durham food truck rodeo and picked up some of the Triangle Raw Foodists pad thai and blueberry tart. These two items were delicious. I really can't overstate how much I love spiralized zucchini as a pasta substitute I have to get some of those macadamia nuts and try to make that nooch and mac sauce.

Finally, at 4pm, after debating whether to bring a back up electric or an acoustic, and changing out 3 times, going over my checklist twice, I got on the road. As I approached Asheville, I realized I forgot a pillow, but oh well! I have a towel. I hung out with Curt Rat Jackson until his fiancee, Lauren came home. She is in a new band with some dudes in a Tom Waits cover band called Asheville Waits? I think? Anyway, we ate some mango and played some mario and now it's midnight, I have an 11 hour drive to NOLA tomorrow and must leave no later than 8am to make it there at a reasonable time.

Photos of awesome things forthcoming!

No comments: