Monday, March 21, 2011

Days 10-12

It was a rough weekend for foodstuffs; I worked Friday and Saturday nights and was at the barn on Sunday.

Friday, I essentially ate a raw bar, some fruit and wrapped the avocado in nori with tamari.

Saturday was a whole foods day-- I hit the salad bar and made myself a mesculin, cherry tomato, mushroom, celery, cucumber, onion, craisins, coconut flake and lemon juice.

When I got home from work, it was the Kimchi I'd been saving.

Sunday, I was finally off work, but headed out to the barn. Breakfast was a raw organic bar and an avocado. After the barn (which was awesome) I hit Earth Fare, whose raw selection is surprisingly not as good as i remembered it. I picked up some raw granola and raw cashew ice cream, both of which I look fwd to trying, but also some spirulina and made myself a green shake for dinner.

The recipe was
1 mango
2 c grapes (stems too!)
1/2 cabbage (in hindsight, this is WAY too much cabbage)
4 carrots
1 c blueberries
12. oz coconut water
1 tsp spirulina powder

The shake was kinda, well, spicy. It took me nearly 4 hours to get most of it down (but holy crap, when I put on my Calvin Klein dress this morning for the job interview the non-bloatyness seemed worth it), and I still have a little left. Overall though, I felt like it was a mega-healthy dinner.

No comments: