Saturday, March 26, 2011

Raw for Lent: Day 17

This morning, I got up and went to the gym first thing, then came home and swirled myself up a new batch of non-chunky almond milk. I was going to try my chocolate Chia Goodness, but then realized it is only 88% raw :(! So regular Chia Goodness for me, with almond milk and a 1/2 banana (other half went into making almondbanana cookie dough to quell my sweet tooth). Chia goodness is every bit as awesome as I remember it being, sweet, toothsome, energy boosting!

I also tried another Pure vegan food bar; this time in cherry cashew. It was pretty good. Surprisingly still liking the apple ones best. I went to pick up my car from the shop (FINALLY!) and run some errands.

I grabbed the other half of the cantaloupe/spirulina shake to bring to work along with a raw organic bar (man I am getting lazy), and headed to work. Things were slow, so I got off right at 12 ish and Mishca called and dropped by with a prune shallot vinaigrette for me to use in my fav salad; chard, walnut and pear. I'm really looking forward to it. Spent a minute talking to the chef at the James Joyce, who told me that he sticks a lot of easily veganizable/vegan already food on the menu. So, Durham/visiting Durham vegans, there's another option for now!

As I was leaving I ran into Mark Gladness Band and we talked a little about the good feeling you get from stick-to-it diets and really thinking about food. He remarked that I am getting skinny...hooray, 10 pound mark is probably here!

After work snack is spinach dip with cabbage...it is now my favorite thing to pair with the spinach dip, like little edible spoons! Big long day tomorrow, will probably be full of bars and whatnot, but I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that I've been putting away 3-5 cups of fresh cut raw veggies a day thanks to dips. I could really use another recipe, since this spinach dip is good but feels like I'm going to get sick of it soon. I'll spend Sunday trolling goneraw.com unless a reader can think of something better :)

No comments: