Thursday, February 14, 2013

Raw for lent: day 1

Greetings friends.  It's that time of year again!

I apologize for these first posts done on mobile instead of my trusty laptop which recently decided to fail me.

I had originally planned to attempt to fast for Ash Wednesday, but as 3:30 rolled around, I knew I wasn't going o make it, especially not exacerbated by a stock up trip to whole foods.

late lunch was cashews and strawberries.  I munched sauerkraut as  I threw together an emerald kale salad using green chard and put some dinosaur kale I. The dehydrator.  That salad, along with some walnuts, became dinner.

I'm currently a business school student which means I am crazy busy and am concern about making enough time to prep my meals this year.

Official song for Ash Wednesday: Ash - Binary.  Remind me to tell you about the time Pink Flag plaed with Ash at the local 506.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gv0dZ23luTk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dgv0dZ23luTk

I found a pretty sweet "cheesecake" recipe that I will probably try to do this weekend. In the meantime...I gotta figure how I am going to survive an airplane trip.  I'm not much of a flyer.

Wish me luck!

No comments: