Sunday, April 3, 2011

Raw for Lent: Day 25-26

Day 25

Breakfast was half a canteloupe at work. Work was rough, the backwait didn't show so we started out slow but then got busier and it was less than fun.

I taught in the afternoon, then had to run by my studio to pick up a check, then went by Whole Foods to do my shop for the week. I bought a little less than I have in the past to avoid it going bad, but also, bought something that I could tear into in the car like mongo because I was HUNGRY. I settled on "Just Apples" the dehydrated apple sticks that I liked as a middle schooler.

Dinner, I came home and had raw sushi (cuke, avo, cauli, nori and nama shoyu). Then I remembered that I still had that ice cream, which I wasn't stoked to eat, but I cut up some fresh strawberries into it, let it melt a little, and that was tasty.
For the meme;

day 04 - a song that makes you sad
Easy peasy. The first time I heard this song I wanted to cry. Then I went to college and I really started to understand it.



Day 26

This morning I spun some strawberries into some almond milk and mixed it with some Chia Goodness before heading to the barn to play with my Nissa kissa. She was in a kind of odd mood but I attribute it to the sudden warmth and massive windiness today (a standard got blown over while I was in the ring!). I've put up a picture of her here. She's not the most beautiful horse alive, but think of her kind of like a diesel Mercedes from the 80s. Old, yeah, maybe a little fussy at times, but a classic great ride.

I came home, showered, and spun a quickie shake:
1 scoop protein powder
1 tsp spirulina
1 c chia
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 banana
1/2 c almond milk
2 leaves of kale

It was good, definitely drinkable and felt very healthy. I headed out to the store to try and find a bathing suit (I swear, I can't hang onto any of my one piece or tanktop suits to save my life) that covers my stomach (for some reason, all of the now UTTERLY inappropriate bikinis I own are easily located. I stopped in to Old Navy, which is full of the ugliest suits ever, then went over to Nordstrom Rack (I have almost dropped a dress size, but definitely have in at least Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klen. And before you judge...I just like to try on nice clothes!) then a quick browsing trip at Crate and Barrel (OMG the new store at southpoint is so NICE) then to target, where I had a contender (a converse one star suit) but it was sort of funny...really baggy around the middle, almost maternity-like.

When I came home, I busted out this amazing Kale Salad recipe, with a couple of changes:

1 bunch kale
2 T olive oil
1 1/2 T. sesame oil
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 T nama shoyu
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 T sesame seeds (Holy shit, these are expensive!)
juice of 1/4 lemon
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 carrot, grated

I would also bet that ginger is a good addition to this salad.

I also spun together 4 pink lady apples and a little agave and water to make apple sauce which I have been craving for days. I am still working on the apple sauce, but am definitely done eating for the day.


day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone

This song pervaded the break up with DE. I listened to it a lot of times.

No comments: