Monday, April 11, 2011

Raw for Lent: Day 32-33

Sunday, Day 32

So today was the first day that the restaurant I work at ran brunch. You all know that I am a huge fan of LUNCH and its foods; sandwiches, soups, bento boxes. I don't much care for brunch. I'm just tossing that out there. I packed a banana, a mango/coconut juice and half a honeydew (and I already had a 1/2 jar of kimchi I'd left from the night before) to cover the long shift; almost a 9-5!

When I got off work, I came home, then set some nuts to soak to try some new recipes. I ran out to teach a lesson while things were soaking, then went to borrow my friend Sarah's laptop, hit whole foods for missing ingredients and some foodstuffs for the week.

At home, I spun up two recipes from Eating Raw for Dummies. I did their butternut squash nacho sauce, which tastes a lot like spicy, noochy red pepper hummus. It's definitely tasty.

However, the walnut sun dried tomato pate is WHERE IT'S AT.

1.5 C Walnuts, soaked at least 3 hours
6 T sun dried tomatoes, soaked at least 1 hour
(reserve the sun dried tomato soak juice, you will need about 1/2 cup of it )
1/4 c basil
1 clove garlic
1 T oil
1 T Nama Shoyu
2 T lemon juice

Toss everything in the blender

I ate these dips with cauliflower and a red pepper. Found myself downing the pate much quicker.

I then stayed up very late, laying out the new Pink Flag EP coming out on June 18!!!

Meme:


day 11 - a song from your favorite band

Superlatives are definitely not my forte. But if I had to choose, I would probably say that this is my favorite song by my favorite band. At least, tonight it is.




Monday, Day 33

This morning, got up and finished the designing then went and got a wax for the first time in like 3 months.

Princess got back from her comps and I let her try the dips with some flax crackers, and she agreed they were both good but the walnut was the winner. I fixed some cabbage to eat with the dips, then set about cleaning up some.

I spent most of the day trying to get the house in order for a prospective roommate who didn't call/didn't show so she's out of the game. In the afternoon, I finally worked up the guts to try perfect food. It is really not as bad as everyone said it was. I mean, it is ROUGH by itself mixed with water, but so is protein powder. The worst part is the smell; it smells just like fish food, but doesn't really taste like anything to me...then has kind of an icky aftertaste. After choking half a glass down, I just tossed the rest into a smoothie with a cup of blueberries, a cup of strawberries, 1/4 c of macadamias and what was probably a 1/4 scoop superfood.

Later I had some raspberries, two kiwis and a couple of pickles. I wish today hadn't been eaten by so many "managerial" activities. It turned out to be really nice and I would've liked to have gone to the barn. So now, I squeezed some lemon and agave into some water and am having a lemonade as an evening snack. :)


day 12 - a song from a band you hate

Hate is a strong word for bands. But if I have to choose a band I hate, it's probably this one.

No comments: