Monday, April 18, 2011

Raw for Lent: Day 38-39

Sat Day 38

Saturdays are lousydays. Today's meals were made up entirely of spinach salad with guacamole (eaten before and after work), a grapefruit and some cashews. Mike in the kitchen cut me up some celery and radish. Yes, that's all I ate. FML.

day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio

I feel like I can't turn the radio on without hearing this song on the band like 3 times. Also note, worst music video ever.




Sunday, Day 39, after working Saturday night, I got up to go to brunch only to find it had been canceled. So Sarah ran to Whole Foods and picked up the Sunday Times and some Kombucha.

Worked until 4, then hit McCabes to enjoy some of the afternoon sitting outside and noshing Strawberries. I ran home, fixed a bowl of Chia Goodness with extra chia seeds, strawberries, blueberries and prunes in almond milk, then put on some extra warm clothes and headed to Durham Central Park to watch Who Took The Bomp? outside as part of full frame. The movie totally brought me back to what it was like when I used to have the opportunity to see Le Tigre all the time. And boy, do I miss that time.

We stopped by Fullsteam (who has some kind of Pear Ale? Interest piqued!) for DJ Mel York, who spins pretty rad tunes, then I headed home since I have an interview in the morning.

day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio

Rather than choosing something that would never, ever appear, how about an appeal. Classic rock radio, these guys should count!



No comments: