Monday, April 18, 2011

Raw for Lent: Day 40-41

Monday, Day 40...outta the desert!

This morning, I popped a raw rev bar before hitting the gym (didn't want anything too heavy to interfere with working out) and then came home and mixed up a batch of my Kale salad with sesame, along with 5 shredded carrots and a pint of grape tomatoes.

Had a quick band practice, then ate half a cantaloupe and some prunes before heading out to see Scream 4 with Sick and Sean in Apex (it was a safari!). When we were walking up to the 10:10 showing, a mom and her 9 or 10 year old son came up in front of us and bought tickets to Hanna (the movie about the girl who is trying to kill her mother before her mother kills her?). Parenting winning!

Scream 4 was alright. It reminded me a little of watching "Scary Movie" except not as LOL funny. It was pretty nice to see how "meta" (its own words) it was, though. Also, Rory Culkin is a grown up! And someone decided to cast this whole movie from ABC family and Nickelodeon TV shows.

When I got home, I had some grapefruit, then took a 4 hour nap before the Forthrights showed up to crash.

day 19 - a song from your favorite album

Yeah, I think this might be my favorite album. I don't know, though. It definitely is today.





---

Tues, Day 41

For breakfast, I had the other half of the cantaloupe and then rolled up some cucumber avocado "sushi".

I did a little light cleaning, then tossed together an almond milk, strawberry, chia goodness, chia seed mess for my dinner to sustain me through work.

At work, my car got towed. Well kind of. I just had to pay some dude $125 to NOT tow my car. Thanks, world. Met up with Sick, Heather and Miss Steve at McCabes for a minute after.

When I got back, I was ridiculously tired but also tummy growling hungry, so I had some kimchi and then passed out.


day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry

Oh Courtney Love, you always know what to say.



No comments: